Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving at our house

So. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year and had 14 people. Kind of a smallish gathering. Nice! We were 50% kids and 50% adults, which was FUN! I completely forgot to take many photos, and especially of the table -which was square and GREAT!! Chris came up with the design, which allowed us all to be truly together and to share laughter and conversation among all 14 of us. Very cool!

My girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousins (OK, second cousins), including rough-housing on Irene's bed. The laughter was a salve for this past tough year.

Why is that if I have 24 hours in each day. like everyone else, the hard times seem to pass so slowly? I think back to easier times and they feel so distant. But, at the same time, I feel that brighter days are just on the horizon!

My poor brain. So confused.

I am thankful for the wonders in my life, some of whom are picture here. Chris and my oldest brother-in-law, Jerry, were in the kitchen when I was taking photos. I am profoundly thankful for them, even though you don't see them here! :-)











No comments: