Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Backyard

There are many things I like about where we currently live. One of my favorites is our backyard. While our property sits on just half an acre, it feels like more because we back to Open Space, and beyond that are homes on 5 acres (and more). They are horse properties, and the people directly behind us have two horses. One horse and rider practice dressage in a small circular riding arena and I get the biggest kick out of that. Poor horse. Such a fancy pants thing -- dressage.

I love seeing what nature looks like at any given moment out my back door. Here are a few recent lovely events. The first was a HUGE moon to the west of us, early in the morning in mid November. Then a sunset in late November, and finally an early December snow.

In my next post I will show you some guests we had that our next-door neighbor Larry captured on film!

No comments: