Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve

I need to build some better traditions around holiday food/meals. LOL! On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a pizza and watched The Nutcracker, It's a Wonderful Life, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the old animated one, not the furry Jim Carey one).

The girls each got to open one present. Jane selected a VIP Littlest Pet Shop penguin from May. May and Irene each chose the VERY VERY white tennies that I gave each girl, along with bottles of fabric paint to decorate them. (Separate blog entry to follow on that craft.)

They headed outside to scatter reindeer food on the ground. Then, back to the kitchen to leave milk and cookies for Santa. Somewhere in all this, Janie got the idea that something she had done would prevent Santa from visiting our house. She had a nice and reassuring chat with Daddy about how she was just perfect and had NOT done a thing to stop Santa's visit! He would be here! Promise!

Irene and Jane fell asleep fairly easily (much better than last year, when Irene was TERRIFIED of Santa being in our house!), but May got up REPEATEDLY. SOOOooooo much excitement in that sweet head of hers. She finally fell asleep about 11pm and I was able to go to bed and get out of Santa's way!
Yes, that is me in my reading glasses in the photo with May draped over my shoulders, as we admire Santa's snack. I'm 50 and no longer care who knows that I wear reading glasses (and would actually love some high-powered lamps that would attach to the sides of them, since I NEED LIGHT to be able to see anything these days. LOL!).








No comments: