Saturday, August 30, 2008

They're Cute

I love it when I capture my children in their natural state.

Here they are in the backyard, with May holding the dog leash and Irene being the doggie. Janie is skirting imagined Killer Beetles. Love it.

Chris said, "If we only had a typewriter stand."

Which really made me laugh!!!!!

When I was in about 4th grade and my sister was in about 1st grade, I tied one end of my jumprope to my Mother's extremely rickity typewriter table, and the other end of the jumprope to my bike. I then convinced my little sister to ride on the typewriter stand while I rode the bike fast and furious around and around our home's cul-de-sac. I had GREAT FUN! My sister was (I believe) scared stiff. My Mother opened her bedroom window and yelled at me to stop. When we went in the house, my Mother hugged my sister tight and gave me a good talking to.

What?

1 comment:

Jerri said...

You older sister's are mean!!! One day while visiting our cousins, who lived a block away, we decided to play army. We lined up all toys that you could ride on, toy cars, bikes, trikes, wagons, and put them in a straight line and that was the army. I don't know how that made an army, but my sister wanted the only tank (bike) which I was sitting on. So she pushed me off the tank. I ended up with stitches on my chin, new coloring book, and colors. I hope she got a whuppin!