Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman

So. I hear Paul Newman has died. He was 83. I am not one for being a huge fan of celebrities, but I was a fan of his. I enjoyed his acting in every movie of his that I can recall. I respected him. He had a long marriage (50 years this past January) and truly loved and enjoyed his wife. He had a huge commitment to being charitable. (The Newman line of products has given over $240Million to various charities, to date.) (Figure quoted has been edited since original post.) He was physically beautiful. He had a wonderful direct gaze. He seemed like a fun, positive, strong, centered, and reliable sort of guy. The sort of guy that many guys of his generation happened to be.

Here are a few pictures of how I best remember Mr. Newman. May his family and friends feel peace.

No comments: