Sunday, March 22, 2009

Learn to Crochet - Lesson 1 - Philosophy

At least 3 people have told me that they would like to learn how to crochet. I love LOVE to crochet. So, I decided to make an attempt to teach it on my blog! LOL! We will see how this goes.

Lesson 1 - The Philosophy of Crocheting

Crocheting is meditation. It is a peaceful and repetitive process. While crocheting, you should feel your stress lift away. You should feel calm and peaceful. You should eventually come to a level where you can work on a project without counting stitches, and letting your mind fly and wander in lovely ways.

If you are struggling- stop.

If you are feeling the yarn pulling, or feeling tight - stop.

If you fear you are not doing it right - stop.

Take a breath. Just be with it. Make the needed adjustments. Review instructions. Try something different. Relax.

Crocheting is peaceful. You must allow yourself the space to receive this peace.

Are you ready?

-Holly

2 comments:

sarrouska said...

Thanks so much. I learned crochet from french magazines.I love American and english vintage potholders and a lot of other items, but the difficulty to do them is that in général they have no charts. patterns are letters written. So your lessons made it easy for me. I know I have to "brush up on" it but it is so much easier for me. thanks a great deal.

Angelica said...

Awesome!!! I love crocheting - and have since I was a young one in Catholic School ... for me it's definitely a meditation, and it keeps my hands away from snacks! Can't eat while crocheting!!